Challenge from the PCDGC (The Chain Gang)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Challenge from the PCDGC (The Chain Gang)

Post  KEYCHAINSRK on Wed May 01, 2013 3:22 pm

This is an email I received today! What do ya'll think before I respond to him?
Yay....or Nay....?

Hello,

I am Chris Whittle with the Panama City Disc Golf Club (Chain Gang). I would like to talk with you guys and gals at Playground about getting a friendly rivalry going between our clubs. I would like to host an event, I was thinking of a 8v8 or 10v10 doubles match (Chain Gang vs. Playground) of 36 holes (2 rounds) in Freeport, since it would be about half way travel for both of our crews. Hit me back and let me know what you think. I think this would be a great way to promote both of our clubs and form a casual competition Smile

Thanks!

Chris Whittle
PCDGC

KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenge from the PCDGC (The Chain Gang)

Post  joe_kool315 on Wed May 01, 2013 3:31 pm

I'm down ... sounds like fun.

joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK on Wed May 01, 2013 3:34 pm

I thought it did to! Those guys are all pretty cool!

KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 on Wed May 01, 2013 3:34 pm

only issue might be that most of those guys are propably PDGA with ratings and such and our are ... well no ratings Cool

will have to go on their word and them ours if we do "divisional" type stuff or if it's a random team draw type thing at the course.

joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK on Wed May 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Ah..Yea! NO their not! They are average players just like us! What a Face

KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob on Wed May 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun! Could be great practice for say.. the annual city team event thing.

Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 on Wed May 01, 2013 6:47 pm

unless someone BUYS the team then appoints their players ... again Rolling Eyes

joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK on Thu May 02, 2013 10:51 am

affraid

KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK on Thu May 02, 2013 4:04 pm

I have invited The PCDGC (The Chain Gang) to our forum. So far we have:

John Capps
Rob Hastings
Ronda Key

interested in doing this! Who else?

RK

KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 on Thu May 02, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm sure Scott and Jeff would be interested depending on time/dates. couple others too maybe ... but I'll let them answer.

joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Greetings from PC:)

Post  WhittleCD on Wed May 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Sorry it has taken me so long to register Smile I'm Chris from PCDGC. I would like to start looking into organizing the event. How many of your members would be interested in participating? I originally stated a small 10v10 doubles, but after talking to more of our club members, it seems that there could potentially be 20+ people that want to play from our side alone. Hit me back and let me know about how many people you might have to play and around what dates you guys can play. PCDGC has stuff going on until later in June, so I would like to say sometime July/August would be good. Look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Chris Whittle
PCDGC "Chain Gang"

WhittleCD

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 on Thu May 09, 2013 10:13 am

You guys looking to play straight up singles or doubles, both? Freeport also has soccer feilds that we could do distance challenges on if there are no games going on and goals as well for distance/accuracy and I'm sure someone could bring a portable basket for putting contests too if you wanted a "cup" style thing.

Not sure how long of an event you had in mind.

People wise, we have quite a few that play locally on a consistent basis but I'm not sure if we could get to that 20 mark. The forum has been relatively quite as of late. I'll get the word out on the course and see what we can scare up but the more details I can throw out there the better.

Lastly, we have some (Ronda included Razz) that call it "snakeport" and aren't very comfortable out there in the summertime. That may limit the player availability as well. As we work out the details of what you guys have in mind I'll flow those out to the course and Ronda will let the folks know as they come in and out of the store.

Thanks! … and looking forward to it.

John

Last edited by joe_kool315 on Thu May 09, 2013 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob on Thu May 09, 2013 1:22 pm

^^ Agreed

Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Thanks for your patience!

Post  WhittleCD on Wed May 22, 2013 1:28 am

I initially wanted to get all of the details settled when it first came up, but between club events and tournaments, I've been rather busy. Here is a little bit of what I had in mind:

07/13/13 or 07/14/13
@ Chain Dragon ( or @ Ferry Park if you're scared Razz )

Round Challenge:
2 rounds of 18 (36 holes total)
Doubles match (players pick teams)
Equal teams per side (Chain Gang vs PlayGround)
Total scores for entire sides, low score wins

Long Drive Competition:
5 heats of 2 throws per player
1 point for longest distance, 2 points for accuracy (hitting inside the soccer net @ 400+ feet)
(Since its team based, if 3 playground players throw farther than the farthest chain gang player, 3 points would be awarded)
Equal teams per side
Total scores for entire sides, high score wins

Bulls-eye Ring of Fire:
All players start @ 20' from basket, everyone putts individually (fast paced round robin style). Successful putts will move to next ring @ 30' from basket, putting again. Repeated in 10' increments until the last person is standing. When there are 2 players left, if the players miss, they continue to re-throw from their last successful ring until 1 player is left standing. Since this is a team based event, once all players from one side have been knocked out (meaning that there are 2+ players left, but from the same team) the players must choose who will be the winner of that heat.
When the next heat starts, previous heat winners cannot participate. Once a team (PlayGround or Chain Gang) has 3 (or 5, depending on how many are playing) heat winners, they are the winners of the event.

Considering all of the setup times and organizing and general BS, this would probably be the better portion of a day. I would like to work these events with at least 10 players per side, but I am pretty sure I could round up about 15-20 players from our side. I am completely open to suggestions, comments, questions, rants & raves, etc. so please feel free to input. I would like to get this going more formally, that way we can start planning with our crews and possibly getting some cool swag for the competitions. As of right now, these competitions would be purely for bragging rights Very Happy I am also open to the idea of playing at Ferry Park, I went to Freeport over the past weekend and saw about 30+ moccasins in the ponds. I'm not necessarily afraid of snakes, but I respect them Razz Let me know what you guys think. If it's too much to do in one meet-n-greet, than by all means, we can eliminate some of the events.

Thanks in advance!

WhittleCD

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob on Wed May 22, 2013 1:39 am

Alll that sounds amazing. More things then most tourneys these days lol. My personal thoughts on it may be too much for one day. But that's just my thoughts I am just a member of PDGC.

I dislike snakes a lot lol! and for you to say 30+.. Shocked lol! But I hope the BoD reads up on this and gets with its players and we do at least something!

Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top