NEW DISC GOLF COURSE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW DISC GOLF COURSE

Post  KEYCHAINSRK on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Ok everyone..., I would like to inform you about the disc golf course at Anderson Pond.
There is now a 18 Hole course at Anderson Pond. It is still a work in progress, but is ready to be played.

Spoke with Justin Johnson today, as he is head of Parks & Rec for Eglin and wants everyone to come try it out! He would like input via the PDGC, so post what you think here and it will be forwarded to him! He also would like The PDGC to start course clean-ups out there. Right now the clean-ups would consist of mowing,trimming, etc....

Please keep in mind that everyone MUST go to the Jackson Guard and get a rec. pass to play the course.www.jacksonguard.com. You could be asked to leave and or ticketed. So just go get one please!

Big Thank-you to V.P. Russell Gray for meeting with Eglin Parks & Rec on putting in the disc golf course.

More to come....

Last edited by KEYCHAINSRK on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW DISC GOLF COURSE

Post  Mr.Rob on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Edit - Easy to find Smile

Thoughts thus far -

Skill level = somewhere between ferry & Blue Angel with a dash of elevation.
Hole layouts that are actually layed out thus far = Pretty cool!
Fairways = We are going to have to do ALOT of work cleaning that up. That's going to be the hardest part
Teepads = Not in yet
Baskets = Hey.. it's a basket Smile
Required shots = Hyzer skips, Flicks, either Big Hyzers or dead straight throws. Lot's of routes to throw on some holes.
Lefty / Righty friend ? = Friendly to both.. except for #3. Lefty needs a low line drive flashing hard left finger pop other wise it's par hole all day.

That's all for now. I see great potential in the course! I'll post more feedback as the course get's closer to finished / cleaned up!
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Edited post an posted thoughts Very Happy
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

New Course

Post  Pappy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Wait till I break my leg and then open the course? That is so wrong. However, I can't wait. Great news!

Pappy

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Pappy wrote:Wait till I break my leg and then open the course? That is so wrong. However, I can't wait. Great news!

lol.....I thought about you when I posted all this! Get better Pap!!

RK

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Met with Phil Carter today, he will be contacting me when the concrete gets to Eglin for the tee pads. He also as 4WD ATV with water tanks so that we can mix the concrete at the holes. Also a machine we may use to dig out the pad areas so that the pads will be flush with the ground. Custom Tee signs have been order that will show the route of the hole and a Rules & Reg. sign with a course map will
be put up at Hole 1. He left trash bags with me for any course clean-ups that we might do before the pads get put in. The Volunteer Program states that we are NOT allowed to cut down any trees, disturb any wet lands or wildlife. NO power tools are allowed. He said we would be able to bring cordless drills when installing tee pads,bag poles ect.. He may need some help if anyone is available next week building the stairway down the slope from 17's tee pad. He already has a dock ready to attach to the stairway so to stay off the marsh. Port-a-Potty's are on their way. He is very excited for us to be working with them at The Pond.
I would again like to thank everyone involved in helping with this course. It has brought our club back to where it needs to be, not where it was a little over 2 years ago.
Eglin Parks & Rec have stated when The Pond is complete they will put in a request to build 18 at Timber Lake with The PDGC there from start to finish. All I can say is Thank-you to Justin Johnson,Phil Carter and the entire Eglin Parks & Rec.

Its now proven that:
"How can we help" versus "I want it done like this", goes a long way!"
RK

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 pm

I have received that necessary paperwork needed to adopt The Anderson Pond Disc Golf Course. This is a big step for the PDGC and I look forward to working with everyone to make this responsibility a big success. I will post the first date of our first workday shortly.

RK

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Very nice. Keep us informed!
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 pm

I've heard from more than a few people that folks are already making their "own" teeing areas out at "The Rattle Snake" (Anderson Pond) ...

I'm going to have some serious issues with ANYONE not using designated teeing areas, PERIOD. This course was designed and installed by Govt. employees that are disc golfers for themselves and the local community to enjoy. Some hols have been made the way they are for a plethora of reasons all of which may not be readily apparent to the casual DGer. DO NOT go out to Anderson pond and just start throwing from where ever you feel like. It won't take but once or twice anyone getting hit by an errant disc and that course will get shut down and removed with a quickenss. Not to mention any future proposed courses on Govt. property. There are 2 or 3 prime locations that have eyes on them for possible courses IF and only if The Rattle Snake" project goes off without any hitches.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and BE THANKFUL (tis the season) for the additional "local" course that we have been given the opportunity to have and the possible future expansion(s) and throw the designed layout. Why WHY ... would you jeopardize the courses existence and/or the fact of it being open for the general public (with pass) just to throw some shot you think may be cool out "they should have done this" or whatever.

/rant
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Finally got to play Anderson Pond

Post  Pappy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 pm

Got my pass Saturday and played Anderson yesterday. This is going to be one real nice facility. The course itself is very good with a variety of hole layouts. Not long (good for me), but technical. The elevations are a welcome change from Ferry (not complaining about Ferry though.) What really excites me is the pavilion. Once the course is established, I anticipate some good events happening there. Many thanks to all that have got this together.

Last edited by Pappy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)

Pappy

Back to top Go down

Stagnent

Post  Pappy on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:08 am

Pappy wrote:Once the course is established, I anticipate some good events happening there.
So here it is over a year later from the opening and nothing has been done with the course. I don't know if someone over sold the situation to the Air Force that all they would have to do is install baskets and the players would do the rest, or if the AF just doesn't know about disc golf courses. I know gvmt dollars are tight, but there's still no pads and the course is overgrown (though it looked like one - three had been recently bush hogged.) I tried to play there Saturday, but quit after nine. I'm tired of spending five minutes looking for my discs when they leave the fairway (yes, place skill factor joke here.) It is particularly frustrating because of the potential this course has. Secluded, plenty of parking, a pavilion, grills, port-a-johns, what more could you ask for? If anyone knows the AF folks that oversee this, ask them to please take a trip to Blue Angel and see how the Navy is doing it.

Pappy

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:14 pm

I spoke with outdoor rec before I left for this TDY and the Eglin.course and Anderson should be getting some attention "soon" ... WE CANNOT do anything else till they get the supplies to build the tee pads or anything else out there. This is all govt funded and the club couldn't donate tee pads if we had the money and wanted to.

There's only so much out tiny crew of folks that do help even at Ferry much less spreading those few thin over multiple courses.

Again, we can't do anything at Anderson without express permission from outdoor rec and them supplying the products needed for those tasks.

first ACE! Pensacola NAS Palmetto course, 04 Dec 10 hole #1 (175 Star Beast)

ACE #2 Ferry Park, 29 Dec 10 hole #14 (168 DX Tee Bird)

ACE #3 Chain Dragon, 14 May 11 hole #10 (175 SS Wizard)

ACE #4 Ferry Park, 1 Oct 11 hole #2 (175 OG Magic)

ACE #5 Ferry Park, 16 Oct 11 hole #12 (177 Cryztal Buzzz)

ACE #6 Ferry Park 29 Oct 11 hole #14 (176 glow Illusion)

What a Face
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top